Monday, May 01, 2006

2006 NBA PLAYOFFS

Well I now have a blog.
This blog will be dedicated to the Phoenix Suns and what they are doing. I will try to update during the regular season, playoffs, and offseason.
I have been a Suns fan my entire life. When I was a little kid I used to go to basketball camps with Suns players such as Larry Nance, Walt Davis, Alvin Adams, Maurice Lucas, etc.
Currently, I am in my first full season of having my own season tickets and I love it. There's nothing better than going to an NBA game and watching your team win.

Well that brings me to the current state of affairs in Suns Nation (Is there a Suns nation?). We currently are down 3-1 to the hated, evil Los Angeles Lakers. A team that as all Suns fans know, has broken our hearts many times before.
After all, this is the team that knocked the Suns out of our first playoff appearance all the way back in 1970.
In the world of the NBA a 7 seed rarely beats a 2 seed. It just doesn't happen. But today we may be looking at one of those rare occasions.
On paper, it didn't look like much of a matchup. After all, the Suns had beaten the Lakers the previous 7 times they have played (I don't count the last regular season meeting...MVP Steve Nash did not play, nor did Raja Bell, the Suns' best defender).
We came out in game 1, didn't play well, but pulled out a narrow win at home. Game 2 was more of the same...poor Suns play, but the result was different. The Suns didn't score for the first 6 minutes of the 2nd quarter in that game.
Game 3...on to Los Angeles, and the Suns get beaten in another close one...
Then there was game 4.


Quite possible the worst game I have ever seen. The officials stole this game from the Suns. Anyone that watched that game knows it never should have gone to overtime, and when it did, the Lakers never should have had the ball at the end. Kobe Bryant, the biggest bastard in professional sports, should have NEVER had the opportunity to take the shot that stabbed Suns fans in the heart.
Maybe I'm bitter, maybe I'm realistic, but the fact is that the Suns got bent over and screwed in that game.

Game 5 is back at home on Tuesday. I'll be there supporting my team as always, but things are looking grim. I'll never say it can't be done, but I'd be surprised if we came back.
Of course, back in 1993 when the first round was best of 5, the Suns came back from being down 0-2 against the Lakers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Obviously this blog was made after game 4 which i'm quite sure broke you and the rest of the Sun fans heart and made majority of you hate Kobe Bryant that much more. Sorry that you were that pissed off that you had to create a blog to type out and further expose your hatred and poor sportsmanship about the overall round. SUNS played hard but LAKERS played harder and it was clearly shown in game 4. Hopefully the LAKERS can give the SUNS a different taste for their mouths when they're at home and end this as it should be ended with the LAKERS advancing.