Monday, June 05, 2006

The Ride Comes to an End.


The magic carpet ride that was the 2006 NBA Playoffs has ended for the Phoenix Suns. I had hoped that I would be posting about a game 7 here today, but instead I must take a step back and reflect on what truly was a magical season for the Suns.
After losing Quentin Richardson and Joe Johnson there were lots of question marks about this team. When Amare Stoudemire went down, the question marks became doubts about even making the playoffs from many people including myself. This team fought all year and overcame whatever challenges were put in front of them and made an incredible journey that included a second straight Pacific Division title, a second straight MVP award for Steve Nash, and a memorable playoff run that ended with one more win than last year's.


I gotta take my hat off to Dallas for winning a tough series. In the end they were able to out play the Suns when it mattered, overcoming an 18 point Suns lead to close out with a victory.
All the injuries and fatigue finally caught up to the Suns, and they just weren't able to hold on in the second half. Congrads to Dallas and their fans and good luck in the Finals.

There are a number of decisions to be made this summer for the Suns, most notably the free agency of Tim Thomas. Tim has said he'd take less money to remain a Sun, but sometimes the NBA's salary cap makes personnel decisions for teams. I'd like to see him in the purple & orange next year, but we'll see how this plays out.
I feel one of the Suns biggest needs is a backup point guard. Eddie House is definately NOT an option. Leandro Barbosa is much better in a scoring role. I want to see someone that can come in and run the offense, allowing Nash to get some rest.
I'll update this blog when things happen this summer, or when the rumors become rampant. Feel free to leave comments on the blog or anything Suns related, or you can email me at: kobesucks@cox.net

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least you're gracious in defeat.... but I posted a response to your other post, and you still have yet to authorize it. If you're going to challenge Mavs fan to come to your blog, you should be brave enough to post everything everyone has to say.